Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tarot Tuesday (on Thursday)

I didn't have a theme for Thursdays yet. And actually what I will probably do is move Book Reviews to Thursday and put Tarot on Tuesday, because it sounds better. :)

But this week we'll do Tarot today.

I have several Tarot decks, so  I'll rotate between them, drawing a card each Tuesday and talking about it.

Today I used my Celtic Dragon Tarot. This is the deck I normally use for my altar; I typically have 2-5 cards on the altar at any one time. I don't actually have any up at the moment; I recently moved my altar and haven't reset the cards.

Today I drew the King of Cups.
According to the actual Celtic Dragon Tarot book, this card represents a loving and caring masculine influence. There is a possibility of a journey across water. You may experience an episode of up and down emotions.

Tarot Plain and Simple says some of the things the King of Cups represents are Compassion, Assistance, Feelings, Imagination, Respect, Trust, Understanding, Elegance, Responsibility, Reliability, Secrecy, Generosity, Wisdom, Culture...it's a very positive card. A positive masculine figure in a role of responsibility. 

I don't have a lot of feelings about this card in particular - no figure that I really feel it applies to in my life. Sascha is more like the King of Wands. Interestingly, though, the card is astrologically associated with Cancer, which is Sascha's sun sign, though he doesn't act like it at ALL.

What does the King of Cups mean to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment