Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Book Review: Parker's Astrology

Parkers' Astrology New Edition by Julia & Derek Parker, by Julia Parker and Derek Parker

I've been eyeing this book for some time now, so when I found it for 9 bucks at my local used book store, I snapped it up.

And let me say - I'm in love. This book is AMAZING. Most books have charts to let you figure out what signs various planets are in, and what your rising sign is and such - this book teaches you how to draw a chart from SCRATCH. Like, how to calculate not only what your rising sign IS, but what degree it is, and what degree all the planets are in the houses and signs and OMG. I'll be breaking out a calculator in the next few days and drawing up my chart. I have my chart from Astrodienst, but to be able to draw my own? All by myself? This is AWESOME. There's a really nice introductory section that covers signs and planets and houses, then the calculation section, and then the back has ALL the aspects, and just SO MUCH DETAIL. I feel like I've found an Astrology textbook.

Seriously, if you want to draw charts, or if you want to investigate astrology much at all beyond "tee hee my sun sign!" GET THIS BOOK. You will NOT regret it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment