Monday, March 5, 2012

I am Sandra Fluke!

or Spartacus and Sandra Fluke - Why we need to protect each other

Sandra Fluke stood up for every woman who takes birth control, in front of a Congressional Hearing on Birth Control on February 22nd, 2012. She'd been denied the chance to speak a week earlier, and instead an all-male panel spoke about a women's health issue. She persevered and stood up for us anyway. Rush Limbaugh, a conservative talk-show radio host, has called her a "slut" and a "prostitute" for doing so. For wanting preventative medicine to be covered by health insurance. I'm standing up for Sandra Fluke. I also take birth control. I refuse to let Rush Limbaugh get away with calling a strong, outspoken woman these names. I refuse to let women be silenced. I refuse to let my rights and my interests go unspoken. I am Sandra Fluke.




(Please share, I totally want this to become a meme!)


Please link to this post on my Google+, though. (It's public)

No comments:

Post a Comment