Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tarot Tuesday (also 44 Days of Witchery, Day 20: A Picture of a Tarot Card and its meaning)

Sorry for the poor quality, I used my webcam today.

The Page of Swords came up in a reading for me today and I immediately identified with it. I actually had a lot of swords show up today, of the "cutting through the bullshit and telling it like it is" variety.

You see, I may have unfortunately alienated my parents, and a few other relatives, by being so pissed off about Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke a "slut." I think I am rightly pissed off, as he, in effect, called me a slut as well, as well as every other woman on birth control. And as far as I know, Limbaugh's book is still on my parent's headboard, they still listen to his radio show, and still borrow his newsletter from my grandmother when she's done with it. My father used to tape his television show and watch it. So I basically said on Facebook that he thinks I'm a slut and a prostitute, and since they listen to him, do they think the same? 

Personally, I think everyone who still supports him approves, in some way, of his hate speech. But the way I phrased it caused my dad to comment with "wow, I didn't realize your opinion of us was so low."

I commented back and asked if they'd stopped listening to Rush, and if so, I was sincerely sorry. No one replied. 

If standing up for what I truly believe harms my relationship with my (conservative christian) family, then I guess that's the way it must be. I'm tired of hiding who I am and what I believe. I'm tired of hiding that I'm a feminist, an environmentalist, a liberal, and a pagan. 

I am following the Page of Swords, and I am cutting through the bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment