Wednesday, February 29, 2012

44 Days of Witchery, Day 15: Thoughts on the Afterlife.

Oo. This is a difficult one. I don't really know? There's so many different ideas. There's 1) nothing, you're dead. 2) Reincarnation. 3) Some sort of spirit-heaven thing. (Heaven, Valhalla, Hel, Hades, Purgatory, etc.)
Honestly, I don't give a lot of thought to the afterlife. I cannot believe in a god who, just because of a lack of belief, would condemn an otherwise good person to eternal suffering. If you've done all that you should; been a good person, helped other people, lived a good life - I don't think it should matter what you believe in. If there is a heaven, you should go to it. If there is karmic reincarnation, you should move on to the next highest level.
I don't necessarily believe bad people should be punished eternally, either. I do like the idea of karmic reincarnation; if you didn't demonstrate in life that you learned specific lessons, back you go to do it again! There's a short story called The Egg, by Andy Weir, that I particularly like. Go, read it. It's a very interesting perspective on reincarnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment